Our Core Values
Our core values guide our policies, planning, programs, practice, and relationships with the Queen’s kamali‘i (beneficiaries), their families, our community, each other, and others with whom we work.
- ʻImi naʻauao (seeking knowledge) – We pursue growth and continuous learning.
- Hoʻihi (respect, be courteous, confidentiality) - We treat each other and those we serve with respect, compassion, and courtesy.
- Poʻokela (striving for excellence) – We strive for excellence in all that we do.
- Wiwoʻole (courageous, brave, fearless) – Following the guidance of our Queen, we remember never to cease to act because we fear we may fail.
- Kuleana (responsible, accountable) – We take responsibility and are accountable for ensuring that the legacy of Queen Liliʻuokalani is perpetuated with the utmost integrity.
- Pono (right time, place, reason, people, tools) – We are guided in our actions to do what is right.
As we work together in our various capacities and positions throughout Hawaiʻi, we draw on these deeply-held beliefs to guide our decision making to best support innovation, engagement, and empowerment in advancing our strategic initiatives.