The Mālama Line (808-466-8080) is a telephone number that caregivers of Native Hawaiian children can call to learn more about LT's wide range of programs and services.
A warm, professional LT teammate will answer the phone on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons. Those who call outside this time frame can leave a voicemail and will receive a call back in approximately one business day.
Recent examples of who the Mālama Line has assisted:
- A 10-year-old looking for culturally based after-school activities. LT connected Mom to the LT Youth Development Program in their area;
- Three children dealing with the recent death of their mother. LT connected Dad and the children to social services for grief and loss counseling;
- A parent integrating back into their family and community after incarceration. LT supported this individual through an ‘ohana strengthening group to help establish new relationships with her two children;
- A caregiver with two children, 8 and 10, looking for financial resources. LT helped them to access assistance in their community; and
- A caregiver with two children needing assistance exploring legal status options. LT was able to connect them to resources in their community.
Read our feature piece in Ka Wai Ola by clicking here.